Housing Mobility Counseling

Are you ready for a change?

Would you like to move to a different neighborhood?

Are you looking for better schools and opportunities?

Do you have a Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) or Rental Assistance Program (RAP) Voucher?

Are you near the end of your current lease? 

The Housing Mobility Program can help!

What We Do

The Housing Mobility Program helps individuals and families living in disadvantaged areas in cities relocate to better-resourced neighborhoods in the suburbs of those cities.

Housing Mobility has shown positive results in other locations around the country in achieving greater opportunity for individuals and families. Adults and children who relocate to a high opportunity neighborhood experience lower crime rates, improved health conditions, and less psychological stress. These neighborhoods also offer better access to community resources such as jobs, high-quality schools, supermarkets and open space.

High opportunity towns that we relocate individuals and families to include: Avon, Bolton, Burlington, Canton, Cromwell, Granby, Ellington, Farmington, Glastonbury, Newington, Rocky Hill, Simsbury, Southington, South Windsor, Tolland, West Hartford, Wethersfield, and Windsor.

Who We Are

We are a Housing Mobility program in Hartford, CT. Our counselors have a wealth of experience in housing, human services, case management, property management, and real estate. We are a division of My Sisters’ Place Inc. which has been helping homeless and low-income families for over 25 years by providing services in the Hartford area.

Requirements to Receive Housing Mobility Assistance:

  • Currently receiving Section 8/HCV or RAP housing certificate
  • Must be near the end of your current lease (1-3 months left on lease)
  • Receiving income, either through employment or entitlements
  • Willing to move to a high opportunity town listed above

Mobility Counseling Services

  • Counseling on financial management, tenant rights, and home maintenance
  • Assistance with credit repair
  • Help identifying potential apartments
  • Information about neighborhood amenities
  • Aid in negotiating with landlords
  • Post-move support

How to Get Started

Please complete our application, and return it via email or fax using the contact information below. You can also call us to schedule an appointment with one of our counselors.

Phone: 860-808-2041
Fax: 860-756-0195
Email: housingmobility@sistersplacect.org

Laptop sitting in persons lap

For Landlords and Housing Partners

If you are a landlord in the Hartford area and would like to work with us, please contact us (please see our list of towns covered above). We provide pre-screened potential tenants that have received tenant education with one of our counselors. If you would like to learn more about us, please download our brochure.

If you are interested in becoming one of our housing partners, please submit our property listing form to our contact information below.

Our current partners:

Contact Us

Phone: 860-808-2041
Fax: 860-756-0195
Email: housingmobility@sistersplacect.org